Windows Server 2012 compatibility

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Windows Server 2012 compatibility

Postby algotrader » Sat Apr 08, 2017 1:56 pm

Hi everyone,

I am new here and still testing Cymatic on trial. Before I decide to switch to Cymatic permanently I would love to get few questions answered :)

1. First is software compatibility with Windows Server 2012, which is standard today with most VPS providers. I certainly will run it on VPS so I want to be sure if it´s OK, just to overcome extra load of work with software setup. (only Windows Server 2008 mentioned on site; I understand that there may be no major difference between 2008 and 2012 edition, but there also may be a major difference, so I better ask :D )

2. Any recommendations on UK based VPS? I know it is not a new topic, but everything I found on forum is kind of outdated. Two or three options would be enough to choose from. Personal experience 2016 or 2017 preferred.

3. This is related to previous question. I read that whole Cymatic is very lightweight and runs pretty well on everything (hardware) but still, any minimum or recommended hardware requirements? (primarily aimed to be used with Excel, so Office 2010 Professional Plus requirements taken into account). This is also economic issue, so I don´t pay for something I actually don´t need.

Some questions may sound stupid, but I couldn´t find clear answers anywhere on forum or google search.

Thanks for your kind answers
algotrader

Re: Windows Server 2012 compatibility

Postby Gavin » Mon Apr 10, 2017 10:34 pm

Hi Algotrader,

Thanks for testing the Cymatic software, I hope you find it good for your needs.

Please see here, although I suspect you may have already read this:

System requirements

Regarding the Windows Server version, I have only tested it on 2008. I am not aware of any reported issues running it on Windows Server 2012, so I imagine it would be fine.

I think you'll find that a lot of data centers will offer an easy upgrade path, so if you start out with minimal RAM and processing power, you could then easily upgrade it if necessary via their ordering system / control panel. I doubt that a standalone Cymatic itself would need you to upgrade the power of the VPS, but Excel might cause you to need more processing power if you use it inefficiently - so try to avoid the OFFSET command, dynamic named ranges, the VLOOKUP function and conditional formatting in your live version because these can really slow down Excel a lot.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support