Two Step Authentication

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Two Step Authentication

Postby leontrotsky » Tue Sep 03, 2013 10:34 am

Hi all.
Before I can even get started with the software I cannot log in and suspect this is because I use betfair's two step authentication security programme,does anybody know how I log into the software using this?
leontrotsky

Re: Two Step Authentication

Postby Gavin » Tue Sep 03, 2013 11:21 pm

leontrotsky wrote:Hi all.
Before I can even get started with the software I cannot log in and suspect this is because I use betfair's two step authentication security programme,does anybody know how I log into the software using this?

Hi,

Interesting question, thanks for posting it.

I think it should be possible to simply add the verification code onto the end of your password, when logging in via Cymatic. I haven't been able to test that yet myself, but it is what Betfair say works (in their videos on it). I have also seen some talk on the internet saying that it is what to do, for third party software such as Cymatic.

Please tell me if that works, many thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby peleus » Sun Feb 02, 2014 3:56 pm

Hi Leon, can you please share on the steps you made on how you were able to login?
We only live once. Image
peleus

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 04, 2014 12:46 pm

peleus wrote:Hi Leon, can you please share on the steps you made on how you were able to login?

Hi Peleus,
Have you tried this? :
"I think it should be possible to simply add the verification code onto the end of your password, when logging in via Cymatic".

That should work if you have set your Betfair account to require 'two-stage verification'. Two stage verification is a special option available to all Betfair users, it is not the same thing as the secondary login procedures required by legislation in some countries such as Denmark (and possibly Italy soon). Cymatic will not support those countries until the software is migrated to the new Betfair API format (API-NG) later this year. However, the 'two-stage verification' does already work in Cymatic, as described above.

Kind regards,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support