Highlight greening odds

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Highlight greening odds

Postby adenlark » Thu Feb 16, 2017 4:01 pm

Hi Gavin

I've seen a feature in other software (not one of the main players) that I think would be useful. When hovering the mouse over the hedge button/scales, could the software highlight where in the grid the hedging bet will be placed? Where there are bets on several selections, it would be helpful to know on which selection the hedging bet will be placed, so we could avoid hedging where the selection is steaming or drifting rapidly, possibly causing the bet to go unmatched.

Cheers

adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Re: Highlight greening odds

Postby Gavin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 3:14 pm

Hi adenlark,

Thanks for your suggestion. Yes I think that is something that is technically possible to add to Cymatic and it sounds like a really nice feature. It is something that I'll add to my list of possible new features to add in the future. I am busy working on a new version to add more options for how prices are refreshed but there is no release date set yet. Once that version is complete I'll hopefully start to catch up with a number of the other suggestions that have been made.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Sun Feb 19, 2017 9:00 pm

Hi Gavin

A couple of hours after making that post, it occurred to me that the greening (back) bet will probably always be on the favourite, due to the way Cymatic handles bets less than £2. That's something I'll be aware of next time I play in volatile markets.

Cheers
adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 20, 2017 4:04 pm

Hi adenlark,

Actually greening is always done on the runner on which the bets were placed. So if you made bets on 3 different runners, then the greening algorithm will look at each horse independently and send any necessary greening bet on each runner (so potentially 3 bets in that example). So your position on a particular horse, will only ever by greened by making a green bet on the same horse.

If Betfair are offering cross matching on a market, then you might find some correlation between the greening price by looking at the favourite but I doubt it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby hussar2 » Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:02 am

Hi Gavin
I lay a few selections per race according to prices for a couple of ticks but do not like to repeat bets, To assist with this task would it be possible to highlight the price box or horses name when a match occurs, hope this makes sense as i'm not computer savvy. :?:
Thank hussar2
hussar2

Postby Gavin » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm

Hi Hussar2,

It would technically be possible to make a future version that highlights the horse name or price when you get a match. However, I think you could probably just use some existing features instead, to get the same information in a reasonably easy to view manner.

For example, looking at the potential profit/loss on each runner (either the figure display for each runner on either the grid or the ladder) or looking at the Green To column on the ladder. You could see which horse is showing a larger potential loss, indicating that you probably have a lay bet matched on it.

Another option would be to look at the average matched bets list on the grid window, which can be turned on by ticking the box for average matched odds located beside the matched bets list on the grid window.

Alternatively might find that looking at a small Excel window, moved to the side of your screen would be sufficient. You could either just look at the bet summary columns showing the number of matched bets per runner, or even apply some conditional formatting to highlight the rows in Excel which have more matched lay bets than back bets.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby hussar2 » Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:18 pm

Hi Gavin

Thanks for reply I will get my son to show me these options later in the week - as I said not very computer savvy.

Again thanks hussar2
hussar2

Return to Suggestions