Cymatic API

Ideas for new features. All suggestions are very welcome, thank you.

Cymatic API

Postby adenlark » Sat Feb 04, 2017 6:56 pm

Hi Gavin

A while back there was a discussion about a Cymatic API, and this post caught my attention: http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic375.html?hilit=com%20interface#p1627

I realise this feature may have limited appeal and is unlikely to be a priority feature, but I'd like to initiate a discussion about this with you and the Cymatic community anyway. My reasons are not entirely selfish (although I seem to have broken Excel again!). As many will be aware, Betfair charge a one-off application fee for non-commercial users of their API. I suspect I'm not the only person who would like to write my own bots/utilities, but have been put off by the £299 application fee. Writing software that works with a Cymatic API, and adds extra features/information rather than duplicating what Cy already does very well, makes a lot more economic sense to me. So, my general questions for Gavin and the community are:

Would it be possible to add an API to Cymatic that could accept input from commonly used languages (I'm thinking Python, Java, not just VB)?

Is there interest in this feature from current Cymatic users?

Would any non-users consider using this, rather than writing your own application from scratch?

Any other thoughts, pros, cons?

Cheers
adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Re: Cymatic API

Postby Gavin » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:51 pm

Hi Adenlark, good to hear from you.

Thanks for your message. It will be interesting to see if other users express interest, but on past discussions I always got the impression that there was not much interest for in a Cymatic API. Maybe the new charge from Betfair for getting providing an app key to programmers, might change the dynamic. I am very busy still, so still have to prioritise things carefully. I am currently working hard on adding an option to receive streaming prices and bet updates as opposed to polling for changes.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby adenlark » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:54 am

Hi Gavin

I appreciate that an API would not be of use to most people, and really am just curious to see if there is demand for it in future.

Kind regards
adenlark
Wealth can neither be created nor destroyed. It is simply transferred from one illusion to another. - some guy on the internet
adenlark

Postby towelfox » Sat May 12, 2018 6:23 am

I'd like this. I imagine it's probably a lot of work to implement but it would be an amazing feature.
towelfox

Postby Gavin » Sat May 12, 2018 3:34 pm

Thank you for the responses so far.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby VSab » Thu Aug 16, 2018 3:29 pm

Gets my Vote - particularly if the API allowed access to the entire ladder for each selection.
VSab

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 17, 2018 11:27 pm

Hi VSab,

Thanks for your suggestion.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Suggestions