'Parameter is not valid' Advanced Charts

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

'Parameter is not valid' Advanced Charts

Postby marquesdecampo » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:52 pm

hi there,

Recently purchased your software and I love it. It is excellent. There is one minor bug however that I have encountered a few times. H

I use Windows 7 and I usually trade cricket with one betfair market runner and 3 advanced charts open on the runner and the error seems to pop up a few hours after the charts have been open. This might all just be coincidental or not, I am not sure. Anyway the following is the error I receive in a message box. If I continue with the error, it keeps popping up. So I have restart the application. Can you please help me out?

Unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click Quit, the application will close immediately.

Parameter is not valid.

More details in the textbox under the message:

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.ArgumentException: Parameter is not valid.
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height, PixelFormat format)
at System.Drawing.Bitmap..ctor(Int32 width, Int32 height)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.ChartPicture.PaintOffScreen()
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Selection.HitTest(Int32 x, Int32 y, Boolean ignoreTransparent, ChartElementType[] requestedElementTypes)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Selection.EvaluateToolTip(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Selection.Selection_MouseMove(Object sender, MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart.OnChartMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.DataVisualization.Charting.Chart.OnMouseMove(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseMove(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
marquesdecampo

Re: 'Parameter is not valid' error

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 16, 2017 11:49 pm

Hi marquesdecampo,

Thanks for your message and I am glad that you like the software. Sorry to hear that you have encountered a problem.

Thank you for the very detailed explanation of the error, however I am currently unable to reproduce it. Please look for any patterns that may cause the error to occur so that I can try to reproduce it. For example, whether the mouse is moving over a particular item at the time of the error, or whether it always happen after a particular amount of time after you first opened the charts, or whether you change the focus to a particular window or tab at the exact moment of the error, etc. Any possible pattern or hints as to what triggers it, might help me to reproduce it.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby marquesdecampo » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:02 pm

hi Gavin,

Thanks for the response. Ive worked as a devloper myself fixing bugs so I know the more the information in the bug the better :)

No problem. I will record my trading with bandicam and look for a pattern. Will provide you with more info soon.
marquesdecampo

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:52 pm

Hi marquesdecampo,

Great, thank you.

Just to let you know, I have removed some of the very long text details from the error message that you posted (the more generic stuff that I don't need) just to save space, I hope you don't mind.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: 'Parameter is not valid' Advanced Charts

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 13, 2018 3:17 pm

Hi Angelo,

I moved your message to a new topic, because I felt that they are two separate errors internally. You can find it here:

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic1637.html

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs