Betfair closed in Czech Republic

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Betfair closed in Czech Republic

Postby tecpilot57 » Fri Jan 06, 2017 10:33 pm

Hi, I started getting an error message yesterday and was unable to place any trades.

I contacted Betfair and was told that Betfair is not allowed to operate in the Czech Republic any longer !!!! :twisted:

Does anyone have any ideas how I can get around this as I am gutted!

Thanks in advance
tecpilot57

Re: Betfair closed in Czech Republic

Postby Gavin » Mon Jan 09, 2017 9:20 am

Hi tecpilot57,

Yes it was bad news indeed. I did announce it here: Betfair withdraws from Czech Republic

Sometimes users in blocked countries get around the problem by using a Virtual Private Server (VPS) in a data centre in a different country, such as in the UK. I am not able to confirm whether that would work for you, or whether it would only work if you also opened a new account registered to an address in the UK, so that there is no Czech Republic aspect.

If you want to try opening an account registered outside the Czech Republic, then you can do so with my Betfair link which will entitle you to a free bet:

Open a new Betfair account

You would also need to rent a VPS, or find a trial of one to test it out.

Good luck and best wishes,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: Betfair closed in Czech Republic

Postby bloctrader » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:25 pm

Hi

I have spoken with people from Poland where this has just happened. Some of them are using the servers from [link removed by moderator]

Comment by Moderator: To put an external link on the forum please ask permission first.
bloctrader

Return to General Help / Support