USA Betfair Exchange Compatibility

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

USA Betfair Exchange Compatibility

Postby kire5 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:05 pm

Hi all,

Betfair recently launched a platform here in the USA (available currently only to New Jersey residents). Would Cymatic Trader work for these users? I wonder if behind the scenes the system would simply use the user's credentials to pull the correct data or if it's a totally different system altogether.

If this wouldn't work currently as-is, is this something that I can request for future consideration?

Many thanks!
kire5

Re: USA Betfair Exchange Compatibility

Postby Gavin » Wed Dec 14, 2016 6:53 pm

Hi kire5,

Thanks for your message. It is good to hear that Betfair recently launched an exchange there. They haven't told me anything about it, so I don't know whether software such as Cymatic works on the USA exchange, but hopefully it does. I could try to send a message to Betfair to ask for more information about this, but I think the quickest option for you is just to download a free trial of Cymatic and see if it you can use it with your Betfair account over there in New Jersey. I cannot test it myself because I am not in New Jersey. I'd be glad to hear the result.

Yes, I'd certainly be glad to accept US customers and will be looking into the possibilities, but hopefully you'll find that it already works!

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby kire5 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 1:28 am

Hi Gavin,

Thank you so much for the reply and accept my apologies for the delay.

I am able to confirm (after downloading Cymatic and practically every other well reviewed commercial trading app) that I'm unable to login from here in New Jersey. I imagine the credentials have to be passed through the US flavor of the exchange somehow. Via the website that's: exchange.us.betfair.com, behind the scenes via the API though I'm not sure.

I did reach out to Betfair and they confirmed that US residents do have access to the API but they didn't provide me with any guidance on how to access it.

I'd be interested in any commercial trading software that would work for us here stateside.

Thank you again!
kire5

Postby Gavin » Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:50 pm

Hi Kire5,

OK thank you for testing it in the USA. I am sorry to hear that the software isn't working with the USA exchange. However the information that you got from Betfair sounds interesting and I'd be keen to offer the software in USA.

Unfortunately I can't find anything in Betfair's API documentation explaining how to work with the API in USA, so I have sent a message to Betfair asking them for any details and whether this is something available to Cymatic.

In the meantime, thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Fri Jan 13, 2017 10:07 am

Hi Kire5,

Betfair have now replied to my query. They stated that they are unable to provide access for third party interfaces to the US exchange at present, but if this changes in the future then they will inform me. If and when I hear anything to that effect then I will look to announce it in the forum.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby kire5 » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:02 am

Hi Gavin,

Thank you very much for the research and efforts. I'll keep an eye out; Hopefully we can do business in the future once they roll out a less abbreviated exchange over here.
kire5

Postby Gavin » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:33 pm

Yes I do hope so.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support