Newbie needs guidance

Ask anything without feeling silly. Beginners are very welcome!

Newbie needs guidance

Postby SamP » Fri Nov 18, 2016 11:41 am

Hello Everyone,

First post (just joined) please be gentle!

I am new to automated trading, but have been using exchanges for a few years now but want to take this to the next stage. I have a three pronged strategy that I want to try and implement but have been unable to get the first part correct using an excel linked sheet to Gruss. This is why I am trying here as after reading many forums it appears that this is the place to be.

In the first instance I want (I think I want) an excel linked sheet to BACK horses when they reach a certain price IN RUNNING. I want the sheet to keep on accepting bets on other horses for the same stake even if I have one matched. I amended one of the gruss sheets to do this but kept on getting unmatched even though there appeared to be plenty of money available. I would like the sheet to be able to fire trades in within a specified range e.g If i set the trigger to 2.0 fire bets at 1.99, then 1.98, down to say 1.7 is it as simple as set trigger as 2.0 and the target as 1.7 or can you set 1.99, 1.98.1.97 etc etc. Any advice / guidance would be greatly appreciated.

So the next question is whether there is a sample sheet that can be amended to achieve this and am I going in the right direction to be able to achieve this or is a bot going to be more effective.

I know my way around excel but have no coding knowledge whatsoever.

Thanks to anyone who takes the time to read this

SamP
SamP

Re: Newbie needs guidance

Postby Cym27 » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:32 pm

I would say an Excel sheet could do this. It would be a question of firing in bets when the price reaches each of your set amounts. The only problem I can see is getting all the bets matched if the market is moving very quickly especially near the end of a race. But there isn't a problem in making the bets.

Let me know if you would like an Excel sheet coding for this operation and I will give you a price for the job.

Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

Return to Newbie Island