Some settings not working - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Some settings not working - RESOLVED

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 16, 2016 10:27 am

I started using the software yesterday but had problems using the offset, fill or kill and stoploss features. These worked sometimes but not always and I couldn't spot a reason. It seemed to be totally random. Is this a known issue?

I am carrying out some testing this morning so I can provide more information on the problem. Hopefully someone can help resolve this.

So far I have placed 10 back bets with the following settings

At In-Play Take SP, Fill or Kill at 300.0, Offset 1, Partial, Green, Stoploss 3

Here is what's happened so far

12.10 race One bet part matched and laid correctly remaining unmatched portion cancelled after 5 minutes Perfect!
12.50 race One bet placed at 9.29am totally unmatched but still not cancelled by 10.10am Error!
1.45 race One bet part matched and laid correctly remaining unmatched portion cancelled after 5 minutes Perfect!
1.55 race Two bets placed at 9.31 one totally unmatched and still not cancelled by 10.10am Other bet partly matched at 9.47am (11 minutes after the bet should have been cancelled) but no lay bet placed. Partially matched again at 10.01am but again no lay bet placed. Unmatched portion still not cancelled. Major Error!
2.25 race Two bets placed at 9.32. One bet fully matched and laid correctly. The other bet totally unmatched and cancelled correctly. Perfect!
2.50 race One bet placed at 9.32 Totally unmatched but still not cancelled by 10.10am Error!
3.00 Two bets placed. One fully matched and correctly laid for a stop loss. The other totally unmatched and cancelled correctly. Perfect!

I would be grateful if someone could let me know what's causing this problem. I hope it can be fixed because the software is exactly what I'm looking for if it works correctly! Thanks for your help.
Dave

Re: Some settings not working

Postby Dave » Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:29 am

Another major error on another bet

I placed a back bet of £100 on Utility in the 12.50 at 3.50. Fully matched at 10.55am. Stop loss correctly triggered at 11.13am when odds drifted to 3.65. Correct stake of £95.89 laid to correctly equalise the loss at those odds BUT only £10 matched at 3.65 the rest matched at 3.75. According to my settings the unmatched £85.89 should have remained in the market at 3.65 and if unmatched at the off SP taken the bet should never have been placed at 3.75.
Dave

Re: Some settings not working

Postby Gavin » Wed Nov 16, 2016 9:55 pm

Hi Dave,

There are a few things to consider:

1. You must choose those settings (fill or kill, offset, etc.) before submitting the bets. Ticking those settings in the Tools panel, will not apply to already submitted unmatched bets.

2. Bets that have been submitted with those features are regarded as 'managed bets'. All managed bets will appear in the 'Managed Bets' tab, so please check whether the bets are in the managed bets tab, if not then they will not be managed for stop loss, offsets etc.

3. You must keep the software open the entire time whilst there are managed bets. If you close the software, then those bets will cease to be managed. Bet management is done in the software, the managed bet settings are not stored in the exchange.

4. 'The setting know as 'At in-Play' (i.e. bet persistence) is not used in demo mode, it only works in live mode.

5. The software will only managed bets that were sent in the software (i.e. bets sent via the website or some other app will not be managed in the Cymatic software).

Do any of the above points explain why you saw unexpected behaviour in the software?

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Bugs