BSP & Offset

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

BSP & Offset

Postby Magiruss » Fri Oct 14, 2016 11:46 am

Good day!
I have several months of your subscription. Thanks for Cymatic Traider.
There is one problem!
I mark the runner and execute the command to take the BSP. BSP takes, but then no longer working Green, and Offset.
Is it correct? How can I solve my situation?
Respectfully
Magiruss
Magiruss

Re: BSP & Offset

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 15, 2016 8:18 am

Hi Magiruss,

Interesting question. I presume that you have selected the 'Take SP' and Offset settings before submitting the bet? Those setting won't change bets that have already been submitted.

Assuming that you have selected the Take SP and Offset settings before submitting the bet rather than afterwards, then the only way I can imagine that the offset feature would get cancelled is if the Bet ID is changed by Betfair when the bet goes from being an unmatched bet to being a matched bet at the SP price. Does the bet ID stay the same or did it change?

If possible, please make a note of the bet ID when before and after it takes the SP and tell me if it is the same, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Magiruss » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:04 am

Hello.
Thanks for the quick response.
Back to note 15 and when the InPlay began to take the SP. SP took 12, but without offset, and green options.

Image or http://icecream.me/20fbbeeba61cd5c4e0204f26e8db82c5

Magiruss
Magiruss

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:42 pm

Hi Magiruss,

There is a red message at the bottom of screen indicating that the offset bet tried to be submitted but failed because of 'invalid bet persistence'. Persistence means what happens to a bet when the race goes in-play (either Take SP, Keep, or Cancel). It looks like it failed because the offset bet had a persistence type that was rejected by Betfair. Offset bets inherit the persistence type of the original bet, so in this case 'Take SP'. I am therefore guessing that Betfair are now rejecting bets sent with a persistence type of 'Take SP' if the race has already gone in-play.

If my above analysis is correct then this is something that would need to be resolved by a new version of the software which alters the persistence type of offset bets to not use 'Take SP' if the race has already gone in-play. I will look to address this is a future release.

If however the red message occurred in relation to something else, then please let me know, thanks.

Thanks for your patience.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Magiruss » Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:28 pm

Thank you for your response. I am not a professional, but I think that you have understood correctly. We look forward to the change. I want to use this feature.

Magiruss
Magiruss

Postby Steve » Wed Oct 19, 2016 10:39 pm

Hi Gavin
Just reading the above and yes Betfair do reject bets sent after going in play if you are set to 'Take SP.' Slightly different scenario to offset bets but it can be tricky if you are set to 'take sp' in order to avoid being caught out at the suspension waiting for an order to match. To green up the your position after the SP bet has triggered its then a case of going back to the main screen ASAP, altering the persistence to 'cancel' before pressing the green up button hoping the market hasn't moved against you in running. Is there any way of being able to do this on the ladder without having to go back to the main screen?
Thanks
Steve
Steve

Postby Cym27 » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:32 am

I think the consensus of opinion in the other thread where this was discussed was that the answer was an Excel program that fired in the offset bet automatically.

http://www.cymatic.co.uk/forum/topic1208.html

Regards,

Steve.
Cym27

Postby Gavin » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:22 am

Steve wrote:Hi Gavin
Just reading the above and yes Betfair do reject bets sent after going in play if you are set to 'Take SP.' Slightly different scenario to offset bets but it can be tricky if you are set to 'take sp' in order to avoid being caught out at the suspension waiting for an order to match. To green up the your position after the SP bet has triggered its then a case of going back to the main screen ASAP, altering the persistence to 'cancel' before pressing the green up button hoping the market hasn't moved against you in running. Is there any way of being able to do this on the ladder without having to go back to the main screen?
Thanks
Steve

Hi Steve,

Sorry but the ladder doesn't have its own 'At In-Play' Persistence type setting, it uses the one in the main Cymatic window (Cancel / Keep / Take SP), so you'd still need to go to the main Cymatic window to change the 'At In-Play' setting, even if you wanted to use the ladder to do the greening bet.

I suspect that Betfair have a logical reason for only accepting exchange bets submitted with a ''Take SP' if the race has not already gone started. So I need to be careful about automatically changing those submissions to Keep or Cancel, because some users might need the functionality that prevents those bets if they are using it as a safety feature in a strategy. So it would have to be an optional setting to automatically change it.

I agree with Cym27, that something programmed in Excel is still the answer at the moment.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to General Help / Support