Create a trigger for MLB (baseball)

Looking for someone to program in Excel for you?
Forum rules
Developers: Please contact Gavin to request permission before you begin posting here.

Users: For each new project, please simply post an outline of your requirements in a new topic. Thereafter you can of course liaise directly with any developer to discuss any confidential aspects of the project if you feel that is necessary (for example via email or private message). By posting publicly initially, you will be helping to create interest in Find A Developer. It will also help to show that jobs are being completed successfully and thus encourage other users. The busier it becomes the better it will be for everyone.

Cymatic is unable to do bespoke programming work for individual users, but if you post your requirements here, then other professional programmers might offer to do the work for a fee. Cymatic accepts no liability and we do not check the credentials of respondents. So please ask appropriate questions or seek references before accepting a quotation.

Please also keep in mind that after your Cymatic free trial expires, you would need a paid Cymatic subscription in order to continue using Cymatic with spreadsheets. So please don't pay for customizations to spreadsheets without realizing this possibility. Thank you.

Create a trigger for MLB (baseball)

Postby lama » Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:35 am

Hello,

I'd be happy to buy Cymatic but I've already spent too much time analyzing how it works and am still unsure I'll be able to write the write the correct trigger with Excel to bet on the MLB (Baseball) market. Could someone help me please?

Here is what I want to do:
For Team A in the MLB market, IF SP> 2 AND IF within 60 minutes of the game, the odds for Team A suddenly drop by at least 50% AND (1.5 =< odds >= 2 THEN bet $1 OR 2.05 =< odds >=4 THEN bet $2). IF a bet is placed on Team A then don't bet anymore on Team A for this game.

This is the simplest formula I came up to but ideally the trigger would be related to the current score and inning number, if they are available.

If I can have the formula, I'll buy the software right away...

Thank you

Lama
lama

Re: Create a trigger for MLB (baseball)

Postby Gavin » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:00 pm

Hi Lama,

SP is not available in Cymatic / Excel. Instead you might want to consider calculating your own estimate of the SP, perhaps using the prevailing mid price or last traded price. Perhaps your strategy might work well enough with that estimate.

There is also no scores information or inning number. However there is a sample spreadsheet that shows how to calculate the probable score using the prevailing odds in the correct score market. It was designed for football but perhaps it can be made to work for MLB if it has a Correct Score market available in Betfair.

There is a third party developer with the forum name probro, who might be able to help you.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby lama » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:19 am

Thanks a lot Gavin for your quick reply and guidance. I'll contact probo and see what he can do.
Cheers
Lama
lama

Postby probro » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:36 pm

Contacted with me. Not yet in progress. He is still testing his strategy manually or he changed his mind or he did it with other developer.
probro

Postby Gavin » Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi Probro, OK thanks for updating me.
Best wishes,
Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Excel - Find A Developer