Text query

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Text query

Postby Angelo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:05 am

By using the Text query box, I am able to filter for Horse Racing markets like Beverly, Chepstow, Kempton, Ascot, etc. However, when I use strings like Mdn, NHF, Hrd, etc., the results are not shown, instead I am asked to use different search criteria.

How can I filter the markets using strings like Mdn, NHF, Hrd, etc. which are a part of an event name (but shown in brackets) ?

Thanks for your time.
Angelo

Re: Text query

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:29 pm

Hi Angelo,

Sorry, Cymatic uses the text query to search in the event names. Horse racing event names include the racecourse name but not the market types. Market types are a sub-set within the event, not part of the event name. So those details such as Mdn, Hrd, etc are part of the market name, not the event name, at Betfair.

I realise that it looks confusing because the results of a horse racing search will show market names including Mdn, Hrd, etc but they are not part of the query that we send unfortunately.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:52 am

Thanks for the clarification, Gavin.

If. in future versions, it is possible to add a filter for market names internally, it would be useful, IMO.

Thanks again for the wonderful software.
Angelo

Postby Angelo » Thu Apr 27, 2017 1:40 pm

Any update in regards to my earlier query?

Would it be possible to filter only for certain races like 5f Hrd or 1m Mdn Stks or 3m Hcap for a day?

It would be a quite useful addition IMO.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Thu Apr 27, 2017 10:49 pm

Hi Angelo,

I think it might not be realistic to do that unless I can completely change the way the search is constructed. At present horse races are search by event name, instead of market name. Whereas other sports are searched by market name. Event names don't contain the information you are referring to.

Searching for horse races by market name (5f Hrd) is unlikely to work well because the results probably wouldn't show which race is which. For horse races, we really need to show the event name (for example Newmarket 14:00).

It was more work to split it to use event names for some sports and market names for other sports, I did it that way to make it useable. It is no good having a list of markets that just show, 5f Hrd, 5f Hrd, etc, because you won't know which event (racecourse and time) each one belongs to.

I don't know if that explains it clearly, it is difficult to explain better.

However if in the future I can find a way to blend the two names somehow, then I will do so.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:31 am

Thanks for replying, Gavin.

Yes, that point was explained by you earlier itself, and I think I understood that.

What I meant to ask was, after searching for horse races by event name initially, would it be possible to filter them INTERNALLY by market name so that only the desired ones are visible.

Hope I am clear. Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Mon May 01, 2017 10:39 pm

Hi Angelo,

OK I see what you mean now. It might be partially possible to do something similar.

I think those details only appear as part of the available information contained in Win markets . So an internal filter for those items would probably exclude all other markets from the results such as the Place market which does not contain information on the length or type of race in its market definition. I will aim to look at this in more detail if and when I am able to spend some time reviewing the Filter feature.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Tue May 02, 2017 3:20 am

Haha, I should have made it clear in my last post on Aug 13, 2016 itself !

Thanks for your consideration, Gavin.

(i) Although I currently Trade only Win Markets, the inclusion of Place Markets would definitely be a welcome future.

I believe, AFTER the Win Markets have been retrieved, inclusion of the CORRESPONDING Place Markets would not be difficult (probably based on some internal identification numbers or at least the Times of the events).

Markets.jpg

Or, would it be too much of an work?

(ii) Probably on the same lines, would it be possible to include Each Way Markets and Forecasts Markets (plus any others relevant) also together with the Win and Place markets in the Search query - as in the figure? Or, is there any specific reason why they have not been included yet?

SearchEvents.jpg

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Wed May 03, 2017 11:21 pm

Hi Angelo,

OK thanks for that. Yes I understand exactly what you are referring to regarding the extra market filter ideas.

From memory, I think that other market types such as Each Way markets were not detectable as a search criteria provided by Betfair when I built the Filter feature, but that should now be available for me to add into Cymatic next time I revise the Filter feature.

Thanks again and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Thu May 04, 2017 12:13 am

Thanks for your consideration, Gavin.
Angelo

Next

Return to General Help / Support