Text query

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

Re: Text query

Postby Angelo » Mon Jan 29, 2018 7:41 am

Thanks for the new features included, Gavin.

But I was hoping an option would be added to show only Hcap races. Would it be possible to include that too?

Another option could be to show races filtered by Distances. For example, option to show all races below 1m, all races above 2m4f, all races that are only 5f on the day, etc. as per one's preferences.

Together with the above filters, a filter for the number of runners would be excellent. For example, to show only races with at least 5 runners, only with more than 14 runners, only with exactly 10 runners etc. But I believe it is not possible. Am I wrong?

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:46 am

Hi Angelo,

I have looked into this again to refresh my memory on it and made some tests.

Unfortunately it isn't possible to use the text query to filter on Hcap or race distance, or any filters for the other items you mentioned. Cymatic is restricted by the filters available in the Betfair API. Cymatic sends the filter criteria to Betfair when it requests a filtered list of markets / events.

In theory, it might be possible to add further filtering just within Cymatic (not using the Betfair API filters), but it is not likely to be efficient because it would have to download very large quantities of data from Betfair, then discard most of it.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Tue Jan 30, 2018 3:15 am

OK, thanks for the kind explanations, Gavin.

Since Cymatic is restricted by the current filters available in the Betfair API, I understand the situation. In case there is a change in Betfair API itself in the future to allow for such queries, I hope you will remember to give a due consideration at that time.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:35 pm

Hi Angelo,

Yes I will. Thanks for your understanding. :)

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to General Help / Support