Unhandled exception using Menu Key - RESOLVED

If you think you've found a mistake in the software, tell us here

Unhandled exception using Menu Key - RESOLVED

Postby Angelo » Fri Aug 12, 2016 4:00 am

I use a spreadsheet in a main market (horse racing). When I open a second grid in order to use another spreadsheet, I get 'Unhandled exception' message.

When I click 'Continue' on the message and open the second grid immediately, it usually opens OK and am able to use it.

Also, when I switch to the next event in the same market, the second grid opens the previous market instead of the current one. When I close it and re-open once or twice, it shows the correct market.

I have gone through topic1137.html and:

(i) When I use sfc /scannow I get the message " Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. "

(ii) When I tried to re-install .net in my new Windows 10 PC, I get the message:

1. Microsoft .NET Framework 4 is already a part of this operating system. You do not need to install the .NET Framework 4 redistributable. More information.

2. Same or higher version of .NET Framework 4 has already been installed on this computer.

(iii) I can open Internet Explorer insalled in my system, and is version 11.0 .

My questions:

I). How can I avoid the Unhandled exception message?

II). How can I ensure the second grid opens the current market the first time instead of closing and re-opening?

Thanks for your time.

Here is a latest such, unedited message:

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at CyTraderBF.BF_FormMain.(TreeNode , Boolean )
at CyTraderBF.BF_FormMain.?(Object , EventArgs )
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.RaiseEvent(Object key, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripMenuItem.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.HandleMouseUp(MouseEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEventInteractive(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripItem.FireEvent(EventArgs e, ToolStripItemEventType met)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mea)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ScrollableControl.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStrip.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ToolStripDropDown.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.127.1 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
System
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.6.1081.0 built by: NETFXREL3STAGE
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
CyTraderBF
Assembly Version: 4.19.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.19.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sas/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/QG1049AV.P9K/LRR6NK79.ZCW/cytr..tion_e95a99aca2c10e1b_0001.0000_5985aca679761604/CyTraderBF.exe
CymaticTraderBetfair
Assembly Version: 4.19.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.19.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/sas/AppData/Local/Apps/2.0/QG1049AV.P9K/LRR6NK79.ZCW/cytr..tion_e95a99aca2c10e1b_0001.0000_5985aca679761604/CyTraderBF.exe
Angelo

Re: Unhandled exception using Menu Key

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 12, 2016 10:12 pm

Hi Angelo,

I haven't been able to reproduce the problem, perhaps because I didn't do the exact same steps as you.

Please tell me the exact steps needed to reproduce the problems - the exact clicks and in the exact order. I need to know exactly how you open the second grid (do you right click on the same market and choose New Grid, or is it a different market, etc.. Please confirm exactly when the exception error occurs, when you try to open the 2nd grid, or when you try to connect the 2nd grid to Excel. Also please confirm if this only happen when the first grid is connected to Excel? Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:04 am

Thanks for the immediate response, Gavin.

Since you have said, "....exactly how you open the second grid.... do you right click...." I concentrated on my usage of the mouse as well as the keyboard when I tried to open the market.

It turns out that the problem does not arise when I use only the mouse to right-click the market to open a second grid. In this case, neither the 'Unhandled exception' message appears nor the previous market opens instead of the current one, when I right-click several markets in turn.

However, I notice that when I use the Menu Key - the one which resides between right windows key and right control key [ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Menu_key ] - instead of right-clicking, Unhandled exception message appears. Also, when I use the menu key subsequently in other markets, instead of right-clicking with the mouse, the previous market opens instead of the current one.

(Generally I like to use keyboard shortcuts in place of mouse, so I have been inadvertently using the menu key for opening the markets even without realising it - because, so far, the menu key has worked for me as expected every time I wanted in other applications.)

Hope I have pinpointed the exact reason thanks to your suggestion.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:49 pm

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for tracking it down to the menu key. That is difficult and to be honest I am not sure if I will be able to fix it, so please use the mouse method in the meantime. If I can solve it then I will post an update about it here.

Thanks and kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:16 pm

Thanks Gavin, for the prompt response.
Angelo

Postby Angelo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:15 am

Along the lines of discussion in this thread, I noticed another thing:

When the Market is right-clicked with the Mouse and then the down-arrow in the Keyboard is used to choose a New Grid, one is able to do it when Liability had been selected in the Grid Interface. However, when switched to Stake, and Keyboard down- or up-arrow is used, instead of being able to choose the sub-option, the Market itself is changed to the next or previous Market.

If it can be fixed, it would be useful for a few members, I guess.

Thanks.

333.jpg

222.jpg

111.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:38 pm

Hi Angelo,

Thanks for your message.

I am not sure but I think I might have been able to reproduce that one time, but now I can't seem to reproduce it anymore. If there is a way to reproduce it every time then please let me know the exact sequence of clicks, thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Angelo » Sat Aug 11, 2018 1:40 pm

Thanks for your response, Gavin.

I still face the situation I mentioned, but sorry, I don't know any way to reproduce it. If I come across any in due course, I will update this thread.

Thanks.
Angelo

Postby Gavin » Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:34 am

Hi Angelo,

I did try doing what you described but I am not sure that I made all the same clicks and key presses in the same order that you did. Yes, if in the future you discover that there is an exact sequence of actions needed, then I will try again to reproduce it. Thanks.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Gavin » Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:26 am

Hi Angelo,

The problems that you reported in this discussion have now all been fixed in the new version released today. The release notes can be found here:
Release notes for version 6.5.0.0

Many thanks for reporting the issues and for all your patience too.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Next

Return to Bugs