New API from Betfair

General announcements and other important news

New API from Betfair

Postby horses » Tue Aug 02, 2016 5:58 pm

queria saber se o cymatic vai ter acesso á nova api da betfair ?
Se sim quando ??
horses

Re: New API from Betfair

Postby Gavin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 6:49 pm

Hi,

Cymatic already uses the API-NG, which is the version of the API that replaced API version 6.

Recently Betfair have introduced a 'streaming' API, which pushes prices and order data to the user, instead of relying on constant requests for updates (polling). I am currently working on changing Cymatic so that is uses the streaming API and hope to release this is the near future, but I can't say when it will be yet. Hopefully this year.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby archytekt » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:26 pm

I was going to ask the same!
Seems like some good stuff if this is true:

With streaming a user subscribes to a market and any updates are served automatically to the user's application the moment any change occurs.. For example, you can subscribe to all of the day's races and when an order is placed on a market or an order is taken on the market's order book then your application will be notified.

Streaming offers sports traders a more CPU efficient method for accessing Betfair's exchange so that on the traders' side the CPU has more time for calculating trading algorithms and presenting data to aid decision making.

Now in reality think this won't be better connection response, that is, ping times?
archytekt

Postby Gavin » Mon Aug 08, 2016 9:30 pm

Hi archytekt,

That is correct, that ping times will be the same because the internet distance travelled will be the same. However there should be less congestion and more frequent price refreshes are possible.

They will push out messages as they become available, so potentially very frequently. Another good point is that if messages are available to be sent faster than your system can accept them, then they will be conflated - i.e. you will always be sent just the latest message when your system stops being busy, so not a piled up queue of delayed messages.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Return to Announcements by Cymatic