System Requirements

For software support - get help from Cymatic and the community

System Requirements

Postby Gavin » Tue Nov 24, 2015 1:36 pm

I think that pretty much any computer that can run Windows, can run the software because the software is very lightweight. The Cymatic program file (CyTraderBF.exe) is currently only about 2MB. I haven't yet managed to find a PC that it can't run on, even some really old ones that I have tried with only 1GB of RAM. Sorry that I am not currently able to be more precise than that.

In any case, Cymatic can always just be configured with less frequent API refresh rates, if you find that the computer can't withstand the demands being placed upon it. I haven't had to do that because I am in the UK where the throughput of API calls to Betfair is good, which reduces network congestion and thus avoids the CPU having to work harder on resolving messaging issues.

Cymatic has been tested on the following versions of Windows: Windows XP (which must be at least Service Pack 3), Windows 7, Windows 8 and 8.1, Windows 10 and also on Windows Server 2008 R2. Several users have also run it on Linux and MAC computers using various techniques such as Wine, Parrallels, etc.

It requires .NET Framework version 4 to run. That is automatically installed during the installation of Cymatic, if it is not already present on the computer.

You should also have Internet Explorer installed on the computer, in order for some Cymatic features to work correctly.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Re: System Requirements

Postby Blotman » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:06 am

Hi Guv, need new laptop soon and was planning on getting one with Windows 11. Will your software be fine to install and function as required on the latest version of Windows? :|
Blotman

Postby Gavin » Sun Feb 20, 2022 2:50 pm

Hi Blotman,

Yes it works nicely on Windows 11.

Take care,

Gavin :)
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:38 am

Cheers Guv! 8-) I believed it would be fine but to be on the safe side I thought it best to ask and make sure. No point having nice new lappy if my #1 program can't run on it :cry:

PS: Update your FAQ text if you haven't already done so :D
Blotman

Postby Gavin » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Howdy Blotman,

Good spot! Thank you for flagging the deficiency in the FAQ (Windows version requirements), which has now been duly rectified by yours truly :D

Cheers,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby Blotman » Wed Feb 23, 2022 1:29 pm

Blotman

Return to General Help / Support