'Take SP' benefits

Welcome to the enclosure. No top-hats required!

Re: 'Take SP' benefits

Postby trentcroad » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:42 pm

No worries Gavin.

Regarding the take-sp, is there a difference between the time the market officially goes "in-play" and the time the take-sp bets get executed?

For example, say I want to back a horse and take-sp. However when the market goes"in-play", I want to then cancel the bets.

So in this instance will I still get the unmatched portion of my bet matched at the SP, before the Cancel trigger fires?

Hopefully that makes sense.

Thanks again for your hard work!
trentcroad

Postby Gavin » Wed Oct 07, 2015 11:37 pm

Hi Trentcroad,

The Take-SP matching at the exchange is done in the same moment that the race is turned in-play. So you won't be able to cancel any bets that you marked as Take-SP, after the race goes in-play, because they will be instantly matched in that moment when the race turns in-play.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby vanusekal » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:48 pm

Hi Gavin
I have a question:
I operate in live races in the following way: I "back" on a horse when the quota is at 30 and if everything goes well I agree to the strategy I do "layk" when the quota is at 10 and then I take benefits, which Should it be the right configuration for this type of strategy? on the "At In-Play ¿Cancel or Keep or Take SP?

Thanks
vanusekal

Postby Gavin » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:53 am

Hi vanusekal,

You should use 'Cancel' as the persistence type, when betting in live races (when the race has already started). You cannot use 'Take SP' for betting after the race has started, because the bets will probably be rejected by Betfair.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Gavin
Site Admin

Postby vanusekal » Tue Oct 22, 2019 5:51 am

Thank you Gavin for your response, opened a new live racing theme in the horse racing forum.
vanusekal

Previous

Return to Horse Racing